Elementary Field Day
May 4, 2016
Elementary Field Day will be held on Friday, May 6, beginning at 8:00 A.M. Below is some important information for parents to to aware of:
- Field Day is on May 6th starting at 8:00 A.M.
- Parents must go through the front office to check in and receive a visitor sticker.
- All events will take place on the baseball field and parents must walk to this location (the gates will be closed for the safety of our children walking to and from the field). If you have a health condition and need assistance getting down to the field please contact the office to make arrangements.
- Sunscreen, folding chairs, and a canopy or umbrella are recommended.
- Children will have a designated area with their teacher under a canopy/tent for shade. Parents cannot sit under these areas because there is not enough room for the class and all parents.
- There will be a designated area for parents to view all events in close proximity to their children. During field day parents can take pictures, video, or visit with their children. We just ask that you do not sit underneath the class tent.
- There will be roughly an hour lunch break that the children will eat sack lunches either under their tent or at the pavilion. At this time parents are welcome to purchase a lunch from the concession stand and find seating where they can (the kids will be seated on the edge). After eating the children will return to their classroom for restroom breaks and a cool down period until it is time to return to the field. If you would prefer to leave for lunch and come back just keep your sticker and listen closely for the time the events start back.
- Parents of children in grades PreK-2 please do not purchase concession stand items for your children during field day because we will be sending a concession order form out prior and all the children will have their concessions at the same time.
- It will be very warm on field day please make sure your children have sunscreen, dress appropriate for the temperature and wear tennis shoes. (NO CLEATS OR GLOVES ALLOWED)
- All money spent at the concession stand directly benefits elementary P.E. so I would like to encourage you to purchase drinks and snacks, but more importantly make sure your children are hydrated for this warm day. If you need to send water or Gatorade for your child to drink that is acceptable.
- Our ultimate goal is for the children to have an enjoyable day with friends and family. Please encourage sportsmanship and have a good time enjoying our wonderful Bethlehem Community.